Chicken, cheese & marmite rolls
HECK Chicken Italia Chipolatas
10 sausage(s), grilled, skins removed
2 tablespoons, level, marmite
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
100 g, grated
3 sheet(s), large
Low Fat Spread
2 tablespoons, melted
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6, and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the sausagemeat in a bowl with the Marmite, 75g of the cheese and a grinding of black pepper. Mix together with your hands, until well combined.
- Lay 1 sheet of filo on a worktop and brush with the melted spread. Top with a second sheet, brush with more melted spread, then repeat with the remaining pastry. Halve the filo to make two rectangles.
- Shape the filling into two log shapes, which run the length of the pastry. Place the sausage logs about 5mm in from the edge of the pastry. Brush the edges with beaten egg, then fold the pastry over the filling and press to seal. Brush the tops with egg, scatter over the remaining cheese and cut each into 6 equal pieces.
- Put the rolls on the prepared baking sheet, join-side down, and bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving.