Cauliflower cheese soup
SmartPoints® value per serving
Enjoy this tasty soup for lunch, a light meal or a classic dinner party starter.
Fresh Vegetable Stock
Low Fat Soft Cheese
5 sprig(s), fresh
- Put the onion, garlic, potato and HALF the cauliflower florets into a large saucepan. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the remaining cauliflower florets in boiling water until just tender – about 4-5 minutes. Drain well in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Add the soft cheese to the soup and puree with a hand-held stick blender until smooth. Alternatively, puree in a food processor or blender. Season with nutmeg (if using), salt and black pepper.
- Add the cooked cauliflower to the blended soup and heat until almost boiling.
- Ladle the soup into 4 warmed bowls and sprinkle an equal amount of cheese over the surface. Serve, sprinkled with parsley.