Bulgur salad with chilli & spring vegetables
3 - 7
PersonalPoints™ per serving
This speedy recipe ticks all the boxesand makes for an ideal lunch.
Chilli, Green or Red
Bulgur wheat, dry
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan, then add the garlic, pepper and chilli. Mix well, then cook over a moderate heat for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, place the bulgur wheat in a bowl and just cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 6–8 mins, then stir with a fork and leave again.
- Place the baby corn, asparagus and spring onion in a steamer (or a colander over a pan of boiling water) and cook until just tender.
- Add the pepper mixture and steamed vegetables to the bulgur wheat and mix well.
- Stir in the herbs, season and sprinkle with the almonds.