Broccoli & Cheddar quiche
Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry Sheets
350 g, broken into florets and stems roughly chopped
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
2 teaspoons, level
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
50 g, grated
Salad (zero SmartPoints values)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Unroll the pastry sheet, then use a rolling pin to roll it out further so that it’s large enough to line a 21cm shallow, loose-bottom tart tin. Trim and discard the excess pastry, then line the pastry case with baking paper. Fill with baking beans or rice and blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and baking paper, then bake for a further 5-8 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 3-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water, then pat dry with kitchen paper and set aside.
- In a jug, whisk together the eggs, crème fraîche, mustard and 40g of the cheese.
- Scatter the broccoli over the base of the blind-baked pastry case then pour over the egg mixture. Scatter over the remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes until the filling is set but still wobbles slightly in the centre when gently shaken.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before releasing from the tin and serving.