Beetroot & kale tart
Plain White Flour
Low Fat Spread
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 small, thinly sliced
50 g, curly, leaves torn and stems discarded
250 g, (vacuum packed) cut into thick wedges
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
2 tablespoons, leaves, to serve
Salad (zero SmartPoints values)
- To make the pastry, blitz together the flour and spread in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1 of the eggs and blitz again until a rough dough starts to form.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper, to a thickness of 3mm, then use it to line a 24cm loose-bottom tart tin. Trim and discard any excess pastry then chill in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set a nonstick pan over a medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray. Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened, then add the kale and cook for another 5 minutes until wilted. Stir in the beetroot and vinegar, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Fill the chilled pastry case with the cooled beetroot and kale mixture. In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk and remaining eggs, then season well. Pour the egg mixture over the tart filling and bake for 50 minutes until set and golden.
- Serve the tart hot or cold, garnished with the parsley leaves.