Baked vegetable spring rolls
1 hr 5 min
Lighter and healthier than the Chinese takeaway version, try serving these with zero-hero steamed Asian greens
¼ portion(s), medium
2 inch slice(s)
Rice vermicelli Noodle Nests, Dry
Chilli, green or red
20 sheet(s), small
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic, carrots, cabbage, spring onions, mushrooms and ¾ of the ginger, and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1 tsp of the soy sauce, then transfer to a bowl and put in the fridge to cool.
- Cook the noodles to pack instructions. Using kitchen scissors, cut them into 5cm lengths, then add to the cooled veg.
- To make a dipping sauce, combine the remaining soy sauce, the chopped chilli and 1 tbsp water in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Fold 1 filo sheet in half and cover the remaining sheets with a damp tea towel so they don’t dry out. Put 3 tbsp of the noodle mixture into the centre of the strip, leaving a 2cm border. Fold the sides of the filo over the noodle mixture, roll up to enclose, then put on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining filo to make 20 rolls.
- Lightly mist the rolls with cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes until crisp. Garnish with the sliced chilli and extra spring onions, and serve with the dipping sauce.