- 1 inch slice(s) Root Ginger, peeled
- 2 stem Lemon Grass Stems, roughly chopped
- 2 individual Chilli, Green or Red, roughly chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium Shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 10 ml Lime Juice, Fresh
- 10 sprig(s) Coriander, fresh, handful
- 2 tablespoons Thai Fish Sauce
- 2 fillet(s), medium Cod, raw
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red
- 20 ml Lime Juice, Fresh
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 bulb(s) Fennel, sliced length ways into 1cm thick pieces
Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Blitz the ginger, lemongrass, green chillies, garlic, shallots, lime and fish sauce with and hand blender or a mini chopper until a rough mixture is formed. Place the fillets of cod onto the prepared baking tray and spread the paste over the top.
Mix together the red chilli, lime juice, olive oil and soy sauce and pour over the fennel, tossing to coat. Heat a griddle pan over medium/high heat and once hot, cook the fennel for about 4-5 minutes per side, cooking until dark grill marks appear.
Once cooked, surround the fish with the fennel and bake in the oven for about 22-25 minutes until the fish is cooked through.