Turkey cutlets Milanese
8 cup(s), shredded
fresh cherry tomato(es)
1 cup(s), preferably yellow, halved
low fat balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
fresh lemon juice
grated Parmesan cheese
uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast
1 pound(s), 4 (1⁄4-pound) cutlets
- Toss together the romaine, tomatoes, dressing, 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the egg white and lemon juice in a large shallow bowl or pie plate. Mix together the cornmeal, Parmesan, and the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper on a sheet of wax paper.
- Dip each cutlet into the egg white mixture, then coat with the cornmeal mixture, pressing lightly so it adheres.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets, in batches if necessary, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer 1 cutlet to each of 4 plates. Top evenly with the salad.
- Serving size: 1 turkey cutlet and about 1 1⁄2 cups salad