Turkey Cutlets Milanese
- Total Time
Serve this ever-popular Italian entrée with a bowl of whole-wheat capellini lightly sprayed with olive oil nonstick spray and sprinkle with grated lemon zest.
romaine lettuce8 cup(s), shredded
fresh cherry tomato(es)1 cup(s), preferably yellow, halved
fat-free balsamic vinaigrette dressing3 Tbsp
table salt½ tsp
black pepper½ tsp
egg white(s)1 large
lemon juice canned or bottled1 Tbsp
yellow cornmeal¼ cup(s)
grated Parmesan cheese2 Tbsp
uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast1 pound(s), 4 (1⁄4-pound) cutlets
olive oil4 tsp
- Toss together the romaine, tomatoes, dressing, 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the egg white and lemon juice in a large shallow bowl or pie plate. Mix together the cornmeal, Parmesan, and the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper on a sheet of wax paper.
- Dip each cutlet into the egg white mixture, then coat with the cornmeal mixture, pressing lightly so it adheres.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets, in batches if necessary, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer 1 cutlet to each of 4 plates. Top evenly with the salad. Yields 1 turkey cutlet and about 1 1⁄2 cups salad per serving.