Triple Chocolate Brownie Thins
- 1 oz grated unsweetened chocolate, or chopped
- 2 Tbsp regular butter
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, Dutch-process
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1/4 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch round baking pan with foil allowing the excess foil to extend over the rim of the pan by 2 inches. Lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on High 1 minute, then whisk until smooth. Whisk in the cocoa until blended. Whisk in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir just until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it to cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Bake until the brownies are firm along the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging, 12 – 14 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Remove the brownies from the baking pan using the foil as handles. Cut into 12 wedges. Yields 1 wedge per serving.