- 1 pound(s) uncooked sweet potato(es), cut into 4-inch long X 1/2-inch-thick fries
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder, chipotle variety
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 medium fresh lime(s), cut into wedges
Soak cut potatoes in cold water for at least 30 minutes or up to an hour; drain.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Coat a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray. Arrange fries on prepared pan, packed tightly together; drizzle with oil and turn potatoes until fries are well-coated with oil.
In a small bowl, combine chili powder, turmeric, salt and sugar. Sprinkle half of spice mixture over fries; flip fries and sprinkle with remaining spices. Turn fries over several times to make sure spice mixture is evenly distributed.
Spread fries out and bake, turning once or twice during baking, until desired degree of doneness, about 25 to 32 minutes. Serve with lime wedges and extra salt on the side, if desired. Yields 1/4 of potatoes per serving.
- For milder fries, swap about 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream for the olive oil. Mix the spices into the sour cream and then coat the potatoes with it (could affect Points Plus value).Or for spicier fries, swap cayenne pepper for the chipotle powder and swap garlic powder for the turmeric.