We lightened up this cobbler by using reduced-fat sour cream and less butter. It's moist and delicious, bursting with warm fresh raspberries and juicy peaches.
- 6 medium peach(es), halved, pitted and thinly sliced (about 1 3/4 lbs)
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup(s) raspberries
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 Tbsp sugar, granulated, divided
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 3 Tbsp regular butter, cold
- 1/3 cup(s) light sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Place peaches in a medium bowl; toss with powdered sugar until sugar dissolves. In an 8-inch square baking pan, arrange peach slices in several layers; sprinkle raspberries over top.
In a large bowl, combine flour, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut butter into flour mixture and work in with a fork or pastry cutter until flour resembles course crumbs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix with a fork until dough comes together.
Place clumps of crumb mixture over fruit; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
Bake until top is golden brown and fruit begins to bubble, about 40 to 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- Feel free to substitute thawed, frozen fruit for the fresh fruit, if desired.