SmartPoints® value per serving
A two-ingredient treat for your Valentine? Absolutely! These homemade, sweet, jammy candies will most definitely hit the spot. They are a cinch to make since you can use the microwave to melt the chocolate. After letting the chocolate firm up, spoon some jam into each chocolate cup, then seal with more melted chocolate—that's all it takes. You can also assemble them hours before, then present them to your significant other when it's time for dessert. They'll keep at room temperature for about 3 hours, or you can pop them in the fridge if you are serving them right away. If you've never worked with foil candy cups before, look for them at stores that sell bakeware and kitchen gadgets.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp, raspberry-flavor
- Place chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl and microwave on high, stirring every 15 seconds, until chocolate is melted and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Spoon 3/4 teaspoon of melted chocolate into a small foil candy cup (1-inch wide by 3/4-inch high). Use a small flat paint brush to spread chocolate evenly over bottom and up sides. Repeat with remaining cups, place them on a plate and refrigerate for 3 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
- Spoon 3/4 teaspoon of jam into each chocolate-lined cup. Tap bottom of each cup on counter to settle jam.
- Reheat remaining melted chocolate in microwave, stirring every 10 seconds, until chocolate is completely smooth. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate over top of jam in a foil cup. Use brush to spread chocolate to sides so that it seals in jam. Repeat with remaining 11 foil cups.
- Refrigerate 3 minutes or until chocolate is firm, or allow chocolate to firm up at room temperature, about 3 hours. Yields 1 candy per serving.