Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 oz reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers, about 5 1/2 sheets
- 1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp regular butter, melted
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or less to taste
- 1 cup(s) canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup(s) lite whipped topping
- Position rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place graham crackers and light brown sugar in a food processor; process into crumbs (or smash into crumbs in a sealed plastic food bag with a rolling pin). Spoon crumbs into a small bowl; add melted butter and combine with fingers into a coarse meal. Distribute crumbs evenly on bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 30 minutes before baking. Bake until crust starts to turn golden, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whip egg whites until frothy; fold in egg, dark brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, canned pumpkin and evaporated milk. Beat pumpkin custard until smooth and pour into pie shell. Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces, top each piece with 1/2 tablespoon of whipped topping and serve warm or at room temperature. Yields 1 slice per serving.