Pepperoni Pizza Snacks
- Total Time
Here’s a fun finger-food for any crowd. To make them super trendy, drizzle each with a touch of hot (AKA spicy) honey (could affect SmartPoints).
olive oil1 tsp
Cremini mushrooms5 oz, wiped clean, stems trimmed, thinly sliced
garlic clove(s)1 medium clove(s), finely chopped
canned diced tomatoes14 ½ oz
dried oregano½ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
cooking spray6 spray(s)
wonton wrapper(s)12 item(s)
shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese6 Tbsp
turkey pepperoni12 slice(s), small, thin (about 1 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place rack in middle of oven.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are just golden, 7 minutes. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Return pan to heat; add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes with their juice, oregano, salt and pepper; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring a few times, until sauce is just thickened, 4-5 minutes.
- Coat a 12-hole muffin pan with cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper in each hole, pressing down gently so bottom of each cup is evenly covered (edges of wontons will come up the sides to form a "crust").
- Place a rounded 1/2 Tbsp mushrooms in each hole; top each with 1 1/2 Tbsp tomato sauce. Bake 4 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle each pizza with 1/2 Tbsp cheese and 1 slice pepperoni. Return pan to oven; bake 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven; let rest 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with dried oregano and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Serving size: 1 pizza snack