This low-in-added-sugar, high-in-fiber crumble is perfect for diabetics craving dessert.
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats
- 10 oz frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 2 medium pear(s), unpeeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 Tbsp sugar, or apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup(s) ready to eat bran flakes
- 2 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine, added in small pieces
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Sprinkle oats onto a nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking skillet frequently until oats turn golden, 1 minute; set aside.
In a bowl, toss together berries, pears, 1 tablespoon flour and granulated sugar. Spoon into shallow 1 1/2-quart glass casserole dish.
In a bowl, combine oats, bran cereal, remaining flour, brown sugar and cardamom. Cut in margarine to make crumb topping. Sprinkle over fruit.
Bake until fruit is bubbling and topping is browned, about 30 minutes. Yields about 1 cup per serving.