Peanut butter cookies with chocolate centers
1 cup(s), granulated
¼ cup(s), at room temperature
Chunky peanut butter without salt
Whole-grain wheat flour
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray or cover with parchment paper.
- Place sugar, butter and peanut butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; blend well with mixer.
- Add salt, baking soda and flour to sugar mixture; beat until completely incorporated.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets and flatten with the back of a wooden spoon. Make sure to leave about 2 inches between each cookie. (Bake in several batches to prevent over-crowding if necessary.) Place a chocolate chip in center of each cookie.
- Bake cookies until edges brown, about 10 to 11 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 1 or 2 minutes; remove cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.