Peanut butter and jelly cupcakes
Low fat cream cheese
½ cup(s), (Neufchâtel), softened
Smooth reduced fat peanut butter
¼ cup(s), creamy variety
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
Unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup(s), lowfat 1%
1 oz, melted and cooled
Reduced sugar raspberry jam
½ cup(s), seedless variety
Unsalted dry roasted peanuts
¼ cup(s), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the frosting, with an electric mixer on low speed, beat the frosting ingredients in a small bowl until smooth, about 2 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
- To make the cupcakes, whisk together the cake flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk, oil, egg, egg white, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk in the melted chocolate. Add the flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full with the batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack 10 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and let cool completely on the rack.
- Fit a small pastry bag with a plain medium tip and fill with the jam. Carefully insert the pastry tip into the top of a cupcake. Pipe in about 1 of teaspoon jam. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes and jam. With a small metal spatula, spread the frosting over the tops of the cupcakes; sprinkle with the peanuts. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.