Take advantage of sweet summer peaches with our delicious cobbler. It's even more flavorful when made with white-variety peaches.
- 6 medium peach(es), peeled, pitted and sliced
- 6 1/3 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 3 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
In a large saucepan, combine peaches, 1/3 cup of sugar (5 1/3 tablespoons), cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss to coat peaches. Set pan over medium heat and bring to a boil; cook until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; transfer mixture to an 8-inch square baking pan.
To make topping, combine flour, remaining tablespoon of sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Work in margarine with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir until flour mixture is evenly moistened.
Drop 8 tablespoons of topping mixture over peach mixture. Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
- You can enhance the peach flavor of this recipe by swapping 1 teaspoon of almond extract for the lemon juice. And stir 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds into the topping, if desired (does not affect SmartPoints values).