SmartPoints® value per serving
These orange madeleines are little, beautiful, elegant French butter treats. They're a perfect small dessert after lunch or dinner. These shell-shaped cakes are crisp around the edges with spongy insides. Technically, madeleines are baked in special molds with scallop-shell-shaped indentations; if you don’t have a madeleine pan, you can use mini-muffin tins. These treats will keep for a few days in a sealed container or for a few months wrapped in foil in the freezer.
1 item(s), large
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
2 Tbsp, melted
½ fl oz
½ oz, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 12-shell madeleine pan with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl, whisk egg until foamy and pale yellow. Whisk in sugar, butter, and liqueur, then stir in flour and orange zest.
- Spoon 1 tbsp batter into each shell of madeleine pan. Bake, rotating pan halfway through cooking, until golden, about 8 minutes. Let madeleines cool in pan on wire rack for 1 minute. Remove madeleines from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- In microwavable bowl, place chocolate. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth, about 1½ minutes. Using small spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over cooled madeleines.
- Serving size: 1 madeleine