Orange Cream Cheese Cookie Cups
- Total Time
Similar to miniature cheesecakes — with a fraction of the calories and fat!
low fat cream cheese8 oz, divided
fat free skim milk3 Tbsp
reduced-calorie margarine2 Tbsp
all-purpose flour1 cup(s)
unsweetened orange juice1 Tbsp, fresh
orange zest2 tsp
vanilla extract1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat two 12-cup miniature muffin pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- To prepare cookie dough, in a large mixing bowl combine 2 ounces cream cheese, milk and margarine. Beat on low speed until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar. Beat flour mixture into cream cheese mixture on low speed until blended.
- Transfer cookie dough to a lightly floured surface and knead gently 4 times. Divide dough into 24 equal portions and press each portion into bottom and up sides of prepared muffin pans; set aside.
- To prepare filling, in a food processor or large bowl combine remaining 6 ounces cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, egg, orange juice, zest and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons filling into prepared cookie cups. Bake until filling is set and edges are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yields one cookie cup per serving.