Orange–cream cheese cookie cups
8 oz, softened, divided
2 Tbsp, softened
6⅓ Tbsp, divided (1 tbsp plus 1/3 cup)
Whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp, finely grated
Fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 24-cup mini-muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- To make cookie dough, combine 1/4 cup Neufchatel cheese and butter in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add milk and 1 tbsp granulated sugar; beat until blended. Add both flours, all-purpose flour, pastry flour, and salt, stirring until moist clumps form. Knead dough in bowl 4 times to form ball.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces (about 1 heaping tsp each). Roll 1 piece of dough into ball and use fingers to shape into 2-inch round. Press into bottom and against side of prepared muffin cup. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
- To prepare filling, combine remaining Neufchatel cheese, remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar, egg, orange zest and juice, and vanilla in a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Spoon 2 tsp filling into each dough cup. Bake until filling is set and edges of crust are golden, 18 to 20 minutes. With the tip of a small knife or with a narrow metal spatula, lift out each cookie cup and let cool completely on a wire rack. Top each cup with a raspberry. Place confectioners’ sugar in a small sieve and sprinkle over cookies.
- Serving size: 1 cookie cup