- 8 oz low fat cream cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp fat free skim milk
- 2 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened orange juice, fresh
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat two 12-cup miniature muffin pans with cooking spray; set aside.
To prepare cookie dough, in a large mixing bowl combine 2 ounces cream cheese, milk and margarine. Beat on low speed until blended.
In a small bowl, combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar. Beat flour mixture into cream cheese mixture on low speed until blended.
Transfer cookie dough to a lightly floured surface and knead gently 4 times. Divide dough into 24 equal portions and press each portion into bottom and up sides of prepared muffin pans; set aside.
To prepare filling, in a food processor or large bowl combine remaining 6 ounces cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, egg, orange juice, zest and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
Spoon 2 teaspoons filling into prepared cookie cups. Bake until filling is set and edges are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yields one cookie cup per serving.
- For a tarter version, substitute fresh lemon juice and lemon zest for the orange ingredients.