- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked rolled oats
- 3/4 cup(s) whole-grain wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) regular butter, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) raisins, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and both sugars until incorporated. Add egg and vanilla; mix thoroughly. Add oat mixture and mix until just combined; fold in raisins.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of batter onto 2 ungreased cookie sheets, about 1-inch apart each. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11 to 12 minutes for crispy cookies. Remove from oven and let cookies rest on cookie sheets for about 2 minutes; remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
Change the flavor of this recipe by adding walnuts instead of raisins (could affect SmartPoints value).