This dip makes a wonderful sandwich spread, too.
- 2 1/2 pound(s) uncooked eggplant(s), Italian variety
- 1/3 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp paprika, sweet smoked variety (plus extra for garnish)
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place whole eggplants on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until eggplants are well-browned and collapse, about 30 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.
Slice eggplants open; scoop out flesh with a spoon. Puree flesh in a blender or food processor with yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, cumin and salt; stir in parsley. Serve garnished with additional parsley and smoked paprika.
Serving size: 1/4 c dip