Mini spanakopita tarts
Mini phyllo shell(s)
30 item(s), two boxes of 15, thawed if frozen
½ tsp, extra virgin
12 oz, baby variety (two 6-oz bags)
⅓ cup(s), sliced
Crumbled feta cheese
Low fat cream cheese
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
1 large, lightly beaten
⅛ tsp, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange phyllo shells on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and scallions gradually, tossing with tongs and adding more as it cooks down, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cooked spinach and scallions to a sieve, and using a spatula, press out excess water; transfer to a cutting board and chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach mixture, feta, cream cheese, dill, egg, salt, and pepper; stir with a fork to combine.
- Evenly divide spinach mixture among phyllo shells (it’s okay if they seem over-filled since the mixture will shrink down after cooking). Bake until edges are golden and tops look set, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes and serve. Yields 1 tart per serving.