- 30 item(s) mini phyllo shell(s), two boxes of 15, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 12 oz fresh spinach, baby variety (two 6-oz bags)
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 6 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) low fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
- 1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange phyllo shells on a rimmed baking sheet.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and scallions gradually, tossing with tongs and adding more as it cooks down, about 5 minutes.
Remove cooked spinach and scallions to a sieve, and using a spatula, press out excess water; transfer to a cutting board and chop.
In a medium bowl, combine spinach mixture, feta, cream cheese, dill, egg, salt and pepper; stir with a fork to combine.
Evenly divide spinach mixture among phyllo shells (it’s okay if they seem over-filled since the mixture will shrink down after cooking). Bake until edges are golden and tops look set, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes and serve. Yields 1 tart per serving.
- You can prepare these ahead and freeze them: Freeze filled and unbaked. When ready to bake, arrange on baking sheet and bake from frozen state at 425ºF until golden and set, about 15 minutes.