Mini Spanakopita Tarts
- Total Time
If you dread the thought of working with phyllo dough but love Spanakopita, this recipe is for you. It’s super easy and just as delicious.
mini phyllo shell(s)30 item(s), two boxes of 15, thawed if frozen
olive oil½ tsp, extra virgin
fresh spinach12 oz, baby variety (two 6-oz bags)
uncooked scallion(s)⅓ cup(s), sliced
crumbled feta cheese6 Tbsp
low fat cream cheese¼ cup(s)
dill2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
egg(s)1 large, lightly beaten
table salt¼ tsp
black pepper⅛ tsp, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange phyllo shells on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and scallions gradually, tossing with tongs and adding more as it cooks down, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cooked spinach and scallions to a sieve, and using a spatula, press out excess water; transfer to a cutting board and chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach mixture, feta, cream cheese, dill, egg, salt and pepper; stir with a fork to combine.
- Evenly divide spinach mixture among phyllo shells (it’s okay if they seem over-filled since the mixture will shrink down after cooking). Bake until edges are golden and tops look set, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes and serve. Yields 1 tart per serving.