Mango and ginger-yogurt bark
1 hr 10 min
These refreshing frozen treats make a fun change from the usual popsicle. They are a cinch to make with just six ingredients that you mix together, let freeze, and then serve—no cooking required. The Greek yogurt base provides a rich texture as the starting point. This version is flavored with honey, two forms of ginger (fresh grated and crystallized), mango, and almonds, but you can swap in other flavorings, fruit, and nuts. Try peaches or kiwi and chopped pistachios or macadamia nuts. Look for ginger with thin, shiny, tight skin—it should never be thick and fibrous—and avoid pieces with soft spots, which are a sign of age. The ginger should also smell spicy and pungent.
Plain lowfat Greek yogurt
1 tsp, fresh, minced
1 large, diced
2 Tbsp, chopped
2 Tbsp, toasted
- Line a 9 x 5-in loaf pan with aluminum foil so foil hangs over edges of pan.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, honey, and fresh ginger; fold in mango. Using the back of a spoon, spread mixture into an even layer in prepared pan; sprinkle with candied ginger and almonds.
- Cover pan with foil; freeze for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer, uncover pan and lift bark from pan holding edges of foil. Cut into 8 even squares and then slice each square into a triangle (if the bark is too hard to cut, let sit for a few minutes until it softens slightly). Keep triangles stored in freezer in a sealed container until ready to serve.
- Serving size: 2 triangles