The combination of crisp snap peas and cucumber with fresh mint and feta makes a unique, delicious side dish for warm weather meals.
- 2 cup(s) uncooked sugar snap peas, about 7 oz
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 average kirby cucumber(s), halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp chives, fresh, chopped
- 3 Tbsp mint leaves, thinly sliced
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add snap peas; cook until snap peas turn bright green and are crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold running water; drain again. Trim ends of snap peas and then thinly slice; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Add sliced snap peas, cucumber, feta, chives and mint; toss to combine. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- This salad is best served shortly after preparing it. You can prep all the ingredients ahead of time though and toss them just before serving. You can swap ricotta salata for the feta, if you prefer.