Homemade tater tots
SmartPoints® value per serving
Use your air fryer to make crispy, irresistibly delicious potato nuggets. We like them with spicy sriracha ketchup, available at some grocery stores. Or make your own by combining a scant 1/4 cup ketchup with 2 teaspoons sriracha.
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
2 pound(s), peeled
¼ cup(s), thinly sliced (about 2 scallions)
Sriracha chili sauce
¼ cup(s), sriracha ketchup or plain ketchup
- In large saucepan, place potatoes and add enough salted water to cover; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer just until potatoes are barely tender in center when pierced, about 12 minutes (don’t overcook). Drain and rinse under cold running water. Let cool.
- Using the large holes of a box grater, shred potatoes. Transfer to large bowl; add scallions. Sprinkle with cornstarch, salt, and pepper and gently toss until combined. In a small bowl, combine Sriracha and ketchup; reserve for serving.
- Measure out potato mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls; form into small log shapes, about 1 1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Arrange on baking sheet in single layer.
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F for 3 minutes. Lightly spray basket with nonstick spray. Place single layer of tater tots in basket. Spray with nonstick spray and air-fry 10 minutes. Turn tots over and spray with nonstick spray. Air-fry until crispy, 5 minutes longer. Cover to keep warm or pop into a 200°F oven while air-frying the remaining tots. Serve with ketchup.
- Serving size: 8 tater tots and 1 tbsp ketchup