This side dish is a perfect accompaniment to fajitas. When fresh corn isn’t in season, toss the butter mixture with cooked frozen corn and cilantro.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 6 medium corn, husked, silks removed
- 8 tsp light butter, or 2 2/3 Tbsp
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 tsp paprika, smoked variety
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high.
Grill corn, turning occasionally, until lightly charred in spots and tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, lime juice, paprika and salt; microwave on high until melted, about 20 seconds.
Put corn in a large serving bowl and drizzle with butter mixture and cilantro; toss to coat. Sprinkle with more lime juice and salt, if desired. Yields 1 ear of corn with about 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture per serving.
- For an extra special touch, sprinkle with crumbled cotija cheese (could affect SmartPoints value).