Fresh strawberry pie
2 pound(s), hulled, sliced (save 3 small berries for garnish)
¾ cup(s), granulated
Cranberry juice cocktail
½ cup(s), or cranberry-strawberry juice
Reduced-fat graham cracker pie crust
Fat-free vanilla yogurt
1 cup(s), Greek-style
1 tsp, finely grated
- Combine 3 cups sliced strawberries, sugar and juice in a medium saucepan.
- Mash berries in pan with a potato masher; stir in cornstarch and bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until very thick, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly and then stir in remaining sliced strawberries. Scrape into pie crust.
- Let cool slightly; cover loosely with plastic lid from pie crust. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours (you can then freeze the pie for a little while if desired, to make it easier to slice).
- To serve, in a medium bowl, stir together vanilla yogurt and lemon zest until blended. Spread on top of pie, leaving a border around edges so strawberry filling shows. Slice reserved strawberries and use them to garnish pie. Slice pie into 10 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.