Feta and Spinach Dip
- 4 cup(s) fresh spinach, chopped (about 2 oz)
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) chives, fresh, minced, divided
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or less to taste (optional)
- Place spinach in a small saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then cook for 1 minute; drain well.
- Place spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, feta cheese, 2 tablespoons chives, lemon juice and pepper in a blender; puree. Taste dip and add salt, if desired. Spoon dip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons chives. Yields about 4 tablespoons dip per serving.
For a nice flavor boost, substitute sorrel or watercress for half the spinach and follow the recipe directions above.