Rich and delicious mini cheesecakes get a makeover with low-fat Greek yogurt.
- 2/3 cup(s) graham cracker crumbs
- 14 Tbsp plain low fat Greek yogurt, divided
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 oz unsweetened frozen sour red cherries, or sweet cherries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch table salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water, cold
- 1/2 oz 60-69% dark chocolate, shaved
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners.
Mix graham cracker crumbs with 2 Tbsp yogurt until evenly moistened; using the back of a spoon, press 1 Tbsp crumb mixture into bottom of each prepared muffin cup.
Using an electric mixer, beat together remaining yogurt, cream cheese, eggs, 1/3 c sugar and vanilla; spoon evenly into muffin cups. Bake until top is set, 15-20 minutes; let cool and then chill in refrigerator 2 hours (can make up to 2 days ahead).
Meanwhile, to make topping, combine cherries, remaining 1 Tbsp sugar, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Using a potato masher, lightly crush cherries. Combine cornstarch with cold water; stir into cherry mixture and simmer 1 minute. Cool cherry topping completely before using (may be made up to 1 day ahead).
To serve, top each cheesecake with 1 Tbsp cherry topping; evenly divide chocolate shavings over top.
Serving size: 1 cheesecake
- You can swap in nonfat Greek yogurt for the low-fat variety if you prefer. The SmartPoint value of the recipe does not change.