Dark chocolate-cherry cheesecakes
Graham cracker crumbs
Plain lowfat Greek yogurt
14 Tbsp, divided
Low fat cream cheese
8 oz, at room temperature
Unsweetened frozen sour red cherries
10 oz, or sweet cherries
Fresh lemon juice
2 tsp, cold
60-69% dark chocolate
½ oz, shaved
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with 2 Tbsp yogurt until evenly moistened; using the back of a spoon, press 1 Tbsp crumb mixture into bottom of each prepared muffin cup.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together remaining yogurt, cream cheese, eggs, 2/3 c sugar and vanilla; spoon evenly into muffin cups. Bake until top is set, 15-20 minutes; let cool and then chill in refrigerator 2 hours (can make up to 2 days ahead).
- Meanwhile, to make topping, combine cherries, remaining 1 Tbsp sugar, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Using a potato masher, lightly crush cherries. Combine cornstarch with cold water; stir into cherry mixture and simmer 1 minute. Cool cherry topping completely before using (may be made up to 1 day ahead).
- To serve, top each cheesecake with 1 Tbsp cherry topping; evenly divide chocolate shavings over top.
- Serving size: 1 cheesecake