Dark Chocolate-Cherry Cheesecakes
- Total Time
Rich and delicious mini cheesecakes get a makeover with low-fat Greek yogurt.
graham cracker crumbs⅔ cup(s)
plain low fat Greek yogurt14 Tbsp, divided
low fat cream cheese8 oz, at room temperature
vanilla extract1 tsp
unsweetened frozen sour red cherries10 oz, or sweet cherries
fresh lemon juice1 tsp
table salt1 pinch
water2 tsp, cold
60-69% dark chocolate½ oz, shaved
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with 2 Tbsp yogurt until evenly moistened; using the back of a spoon, press 1 Tbsp crumb mixture into bottom of each prepared muffin cup.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together remaining yogurt, cream cheese, eggs, 1/3 c sugar and vanilla; spoon evenly into muffin cups. Bake until top is set, 15-20 minutes; let cool and then chill in refrigerator 2 hours (can make up to 2 days ahead).
- Meanwhile, to make topping, combine cherries, remaining 1 Tbsp sugar, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Using a potato masher, lightly crush cherries. Combine cornstarch with cold water; stir into cherry mixture and simmer 1 minute. Cool cherry topping completely before using (may be made up to 1 day ahead).
- To serve, top each cheesecake with 1 Tbsp cherry topping; evenly divide chocolate shavings over top.
- Serving size: 1 cheesecake