Crisp Dutch cocoa cookies
Old-fashioned rolled oats
White whole wheat flour
Unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup(s), Dutch process
½ cup(s), (1 stick), softened
1 large egg(s)
- Put oats in blender and process until finely ground.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in small bowl; stir in ground oats.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low and stir in flour mixture just until blended. Refrigerate until dough is firm enough to shape, about 40 minutes.
- Shape dough into 11-inch log and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until very firm, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two large baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Cut log into 1/4-inch slices and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until cookies are slightly puffed, about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks and let cool completely.
- Per serving: 1 cookie