- 1 item(s), medium avocado, Hass variety
- 2 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or more to taste
Put avocado in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until almost smooth.
Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 day. Yields about 1/4 cup dip per serving.
- Some cooks believe that keeping an avocado pit in the guacamole will prevent it from turning brown. Give it a try but make sure to remove the pit before serving.