Chocolaty Candy-Cane Triangles
- Total Time
Pureed black beans lend a dense, rich finish to baked goods while adding fiber and protein. Their dark color makes them a top choice for chocolaty recipes like this one.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
canned black beans15 oz, rinsed and drained
unsweetened cocoa powder¼ cup(s)
unsalted butter¼ cup(s), melted
table salt½ tsp
baking powder½ tsp
vanilla extract¼ tsp
mint extract¼ tsp
all-purpose flour2 Tbsp
semi-sweet chocolate chips½ cup(s)
white chocolate chips3 Tbsp
vegetable oil1 tsp
peppermint hard candy4 item(s), crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place beans, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, salt, baking powder and both extracts in the bowl of a food processor; process on high for several minutes, until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl several time. Add flour and semi-sweet chocolate chips; pulse until just combined.
- Spoon batter into baking pan; spread into an even layer. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes; cool completely before adding topping.
- Meanwhile, combine white chocolate chips and oil in a small bowl; microwave on HIGH until chips melt, about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds and at 1 minute (microwave 30 seconds more if not fully melted).
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top of cooled cake; sprinkle with crushed mints. Let cool and harden completely before cutting into 16 squares. Remove squares from pan, and cut each in half diagonally to make triangles. Yields 1 triangle per serving.