- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 item(s) peppermint hard candy, crushed
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Place beans, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, salt, baking powder and both extracts in the bowl of a food processor; process on high for several minutes, until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl several time. Add flour and semi-sweet chocolate chips; pulse until just combined.
Spoon batter into baking pan; spread into an even layer. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes; cool completely before adding topping.
Meanwhile, combine white chocolate chips and oil in a small bowl; microwave on HIGH until chips melt, about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds and at 1 minute (microwave 30 seconds more if not fully melted).
Drizzle melted chocolate over top of cooled cake; sprinkle with crushed mints. Let cool and harden completely before cutting into 16 squares. Remove squares from pan, and cut each in half diagonally to make triangles. Yields 1 triangle per serving.
- For extra-minty cake, substitute the same amount of mint-flavored chocolate chips — just reduce the mint extract to 1/8 tsp.