Chocolate Sheet Cake
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder, powder
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar, granulated
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 1/4 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 3 large egg white(s)
- 2 Tbsp regular butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) water, boiling
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9- X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well with a fork to combine.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine milk, egg whites, melted butter and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, mix on low speed until blended; gradually beat in boiling water.
- Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture and mix on low speed until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool cake in pan, on a wire rack.
- Sift powdered sugar over cooled cake before cutting into 12 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.
This cake tastes great plain but you can ice it and decorate it as desired (could affect SmartPoints value).