Chocolate sheet cake
Packed light brown sugar
Unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ cup(s), powder
½ cup(s), granulated
Fat free skim milk
2 Tbsp, melted
1 cup(s), boiling
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9- X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well with a fork to combine.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine milk, egg whites, melted butter and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, mix on low speed until blended; gradually beat in boiling water.
- Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture and mix on low speed until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool cake in pan, on a wire rack.
- Sift powdered sugar over cooled cake before cutting into 12 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.