Chocolate-raspberry petit fours
Unprepared white cake mix
1 package(s), (disregard box instructions)
Fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
1¼ cup(s), divided
7 tsp, divided
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Seedless raspberry jam
½ cup(s), thinned with 1 Tbsp water
Instant sugar-free fat-free chocolate pudding prepared with skim milk
1 cup(s), (or use two 1/2 cup prepared pudding cups)
Semisweet chocolate chips
2 cup(s), (48 raspeberries)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat two 13- X 9-inch baking pans with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix powder, 1 cup water, eggs and 2 tablespoons oil until smooth. Spoon 1 1/2 cups batter into one prepared pan; spread into an even layer.
- Add cocoa powder and remaining 1/4 cup water to bowl; blend until smooth. Spoon batter into second prepared pan; spread into an even layer. Bake until a tester inserted in center of each cake is done, about 10 minutes.
- Spread vanilla cake with jam; let sit for about 10 minutes to cool and to allow jam to soak in. Let chocolate cake cool in pan for same length of time. Run a knife around edges of cake pans; carefully remove cakes from pan. Spread chocolate pudding evenly over jam; top with chocolate cake.
- Using a ruler, slice prepared cake evenly into 48 squares (6 rows of 8 pieces). Flip 24 mini cakes over so only half of petit fours have chocolate on top.
- In a small bowl, microwave chocolate chips and remaining teaspoon oil until smooth, about 1 minute (stop and stir after 30 seconds). Use a teaspoon and rapid zig-zag hand motion to evenly drizzle melted chocolate over tops of cakes; place a raspberry on middle of each cake. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Yields 1 petit four per serving.