Chewy Chocolate Chip-Mint Cookies
- Total Time
A wonderful union of chocolate and mint. Also delicious with white chocolate chips and vanilla in place of the mint.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
egg white(s)3 large, at room temperature
cream of tartar½ tsp
sugar½ cup(s), divided
unsweetened cocoa powder3 Tbsp
mint extract½ tsp
mini chocolate chips½ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a large cookie sheet with cooking spray or top with parchment paper (use two cookie sheets if necessary).
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add cream of tartar and 1/4 cup sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- In another small bowl, mix cocoa, cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Fold cocoa mixture and mint extract into egg whites; fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop 24 heaping tablespoons of batter onto prepared cookie sheet, about 2-inches apart; bake in upper 1/3 of oven until cookies flatten out, about 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 1 or 2 minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.