Butternut Squash Tart with Candied Pecans
- Total Time
uncooked butternut squash2 ½ pound(s), (1 squash), halved lengthwise and seeded
refrigerated pie crust, unprepared1 crust(s), (from 14.1-ounce package)
fat free egg substitute¾ cup(s)
fat free sweetened condensed milk½ cup(s)
packed brown sugar⅓ cup(s)
packed brown sugar2 Tbsp
ground cinnamon½ tsp
ground ginger½ tsp
unsalted pecan halves½ cup(s)
fat free whipped topping1 cup(s), thawed frozen
cooking spray2 spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray foil with nonstick spray.
- Place squash halves, cut sides down, on prepared baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool. Maintain oven temperature.
- Unroll pie crust onto floured surface and, with floured rolling pin, roll into 12-inch round. Place crust in 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Gently press onto bottom and against side of pan. Fold edge of crust into pan and press to make it even with rim. Place tart pan on prepared baking sheet and bake until crust is set and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Scoop flesh from squash and discard skin. Place squash in food processor and puree. Measure 2 cups squash and transfer to medium bowl. (Save any remaining squash for another use.)
- Add egg substitute, condensed milk, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger to squash and whisk until smooth. Place tart pan on baking sheet and pour filling into crust. Bake until filling is set, about 35 minutes. Place tart on rack to cool completely. Maintain oven temperature.
- Line small baking sheet with foil and spray foil with nonstick spray. Combine pecans, remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and water in small bowl and toss to coat. Spread in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake until pecans are toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool. Coarsely chop pecans. Sprinkle tart with pecans just before serving. Cut into 16 slices and top each slice with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.
- Per serving: 1/16 of tart