Butternut Squash Tart with Candied Pecans
Uncooked butternut squash
2½ pound(s), (1 squash), halved lengthwise and seeded
Refrigerated pie crust, unprepared
1 crust(s), (from 14.1-oz package)
2 Tbsp, for dusting
3 large egg(s), lightly beaten
Fat free sweetened condensed milk
Packed brown sugar
Unsalted pecan halves
Packed brown sugar
Fat free whipped topping
1 cup(s), frozen, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Arrange the squash, cut-side down, on the pan. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool. Leave the oven on.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the piecrust. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the crust into a 12-inch round. Arrange the crust in a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Press the dough onto the bottom and sides of the pan. Tuck in the edges of the crust, pressing to make it even with the rim. Bake until the crust is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Scoop the flesh from the squash into a food processor. Purée the squash and transfer 2 cups to a medium bowl. (Reserve any remaining squash for another use.) Whisk in the eggs, milk, cinnamon, ginger, and ⅓ cup of the brown sugar. Line the sheet pan with clean foil. Place the tart pan on the prepared sheet pan. Pour the filling into the crust. Bake until the center is set, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
- Line a small baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. In a small bowl, toss the nuts, the remaining 2 tbsp brown sugar, and 1 tsp water. Spread the nuts in a single layer on the prepared pan. Bake until toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool. Coarsely chop the nuts. Before serving, sprinkle the tart with the nuts. Cut the tart into 16 slices and top each with 1 tbsp whipped topping.
- Per serving: 1/16 of tart