Broccoli stalk and pecorino crostini
8 oz, cut on angle into 24 1/3-in-thick slices
Uncooked broccoli stalks
1 pound(s), bad spots trimmed (from 2 heads broccoli)
Extra virgin olive oil
2 large clove(s), minced
Fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp, coarsely ground
Red pepper flakes
4 tsp, finely chopped
Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
¼ cup(s), finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange bread slices on prepared pan; coat with cooking spray. Bake until just crisp, 12-15 minutes; set aside.
- While bread cooks, chop broccoli stalk into very small pieces (or pulse in food processor).
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli stalk; cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to turn golden, 3 minutes. Add minced garlic; sauté until just fragrant. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; stir in mint.
- Divide broccoli mixture over crostini (a scant Tbsp for each); sprinkle with cheese.
- Serving size: 2 crostini