Banana caramel pudding cake
Dark brown sugar
⅔ cup(s), packed
½ cup(s), mashed (about 1 banana)
1½ cup(s), boiling
Fat-free vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine brown sugar and 2 teaspoons flour; set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine 11⁄3 cups flour and next seven ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a wire whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine banana and next three ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Pour 11⁄2 cups boiling water over batter (do not stir). Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until pudding is bubbly and cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Serve warm. Divide onto individual serving dishes and top with ice cream. Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1⁄10 of cake and 2 tablespoons ice cream).