Banana Caramel Pudding Cake
- Total Time
A mixture of brown sugar and flour makes an instant caramel topping for this moist, creamy cake.
dark brown sugar⅔ cup(s), packed
all-purpose flour2 tsp
all-purpose flour1 ¼ cup(s)
chopped pecans⅓ cup(s)
baking powder1 ½ tsp
baking soda½ tsp
ground cinnamon½ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
ground nutmeg⅛ tsp
banana(s)½ cup(s), mashed (about 1 banana)
low-fat milk½ cup(s)
vegetable oil2 Tbsp
vanilla extract½ tsp
water1 ½ cup(s), boiling
fat-free vanilla ice cream2 ¼ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine brown sugar and 2 teaspoons flour; set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine 11/3 cups flour and next seven ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a wire whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine banana and next three ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Pour 11/2 cups boiling water over batter (do not stir). Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until pudding is bubbly and cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Serve warm. Divide onto individual serving dishes and top with ice cream. Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1/10 of cake and 2 tablespoons ice cream).