Tart Granny Smith apples and dried cranberries are baked under a crisp coating of oats, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- 4 medium fresh apple(s), Granny Smith, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp sugar, granulated
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice and granulated sugar; toss to combine. Place apple mixture in bottom of a 9-inch pie plate; sprinkle cranberries over top and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, margarine and cinnamon; mix with a fork or your fingers until mixture is combined and crumbly. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apple mixture.
Bake until filling is bubbly and top is golden brown, about 50 to 55 minutes. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.