Warm chicken, pancetta & watercress salad
Smoky pancetta adds depth of flavour to this delicious warm chicken and ciabatta crouton salad.
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
1 tablespoon(s), level
Asda Cider Vinegar
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the chicken between two pieces of cling film and then brush with half the oil. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Rub the ciabatta all over with the cut side of the halved garlic clove. Cut into cubes and put on a baking tray. Season and bake for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway, until crisp and golden.
- While the chicken and croutons are cooking, heat a frying pan over a high heat. Add the diced pancetta and fry for 5 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Tear the griddled chicken into strips and put in large bowl. Toss together with the pancetta, croutons, red onion and watercress. Divide between 4 plates.
- Whisk together the mustard, crushed garlic and vinegar. Drizzle over the salad and serve garnished with the chives.