Barbecued oregano & chilli chicken with feta cream & salad
A flavourful marinade helps keep this chicken dish juicy, even when you’re cooking on the barbecue
Chicken Drumstick, Skinless, raw
6 drumstick(s), edible part
Chicken Thigh, Skinless, Boneless, raw
6 individual, medium, fat trimmed
2 tablespoon(s), chopped, chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
Chilli, green or red
2 individual, long, finely chopped
2 teaspoon(s), level
2 medium, thinly sliced lengthways
2 medium, deseeded and thickly sliced
2 small, cut into thin wedges
1 zest(s) of 1
Lemon Juice, Fresh
1 clove(s), crushed
Light Feta Cheese
150 g, crumbled
Reduced Fat Soured Cream
- Using a sharp knife, cut a few deep slashes into the thickest part of each piece of chicken. Put the chicken in a large bowl, then add the chopped oregano, chilli, paprika and oil. Turn to coat, cover with clingfilm, and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat a large barbecue to a medium heat. Barbecue the chicken, turning occasionally, for 30-35 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the courgettes, peppers and onions on the barbecue, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a bowl with the salad leaves.
- Blitz the lemon zest and juice, garlic, feta and soured cream in a small food processor until almost smooth, then season well.
- Scatter the oregano leaves over the chicken and serve with the barbecued veg salad and feta cream on the side.
Serve each portion with a 40g slice of fresh wholemeal crusty bread, if you like.