Apple, raisin and oat squares
SmartPoints® value per serving
Wholemeal self-raising flour
1 cup(s), (160g)
Dry rolled oats
1 cup(s), (90g)
Red apple, peeled
2 medium, grated
¼ cup(s), (40g) chopped
1 tbs, or sunflower variety
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 160ºC fan-forced. Line a 20cm (base measurement) square cake tin with baking paper.
- Sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl. Return any husks to bowl. Stir in oats, apple and raisins.
- Whisk eggs, syrup and oil in a bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Cut into 16 squares to serve.
• You can use currants instead of raisins. • Add it: 2 tbs sesame seeds with oats in Step 2. • Swap it: Cinnamon for 1 tsp mixed spice.