Sarah's apple and cinnamon breakfast loaf
0 - 4
PersonalPoints™ per serving
1 hr 10 min
Recipe by our WW Ambassador Sarah. Follow her on Instagram @sarahs_recipes. The all-time favourite combo of apple and cinnamon combined with dates, oats and chia for a family-friendly loaf that’s moist and delicious. Enjoy it toasted for breakfast or pop a slice in the kids school lunch boxes for a healthy treat.
3 medium, Granny Smith vairety
6 individual, pitted, chopped
1⅔ cup(s), (150g)
2 medium, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 10cm x 20cm (base measurement) loaf tin with baking paper.
- Grate 2½ apples. Finally dice the remaining apple half.
- Place dates in a small microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water, microwave on High (100%) for 1 minute. Mash with a fork.
- Place oats, baking powder, cinnamon and chia seeds into a large bowl. Add eggs, grated apple and mashed dates and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth over the top. Sprinkle with diced apple then lightly press into mixture. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin before turning out. Cut into 8 slices to serve.