All about myWW™
When it comes to losing weight, everyone’s needs are different. What works well for your sister, coworker, or best friend may not work as well for you. While we've always offered a personalized SmartPoints® Budget based on age, weight, height, and sex, you can now take a personal assessment that will match you with a unique way to experience the WW journey. And if you find that your plan is no longer working for your life, you have the ability to switch!
All plans are equally flexible, simple, and effective when it comes to losing weight—they just help you get there in different ways.
What's different about myWW?
If you're new to WW, you'll start with a science- and behavior-based personal assessment that asks a range of questions about your unique food preferences, activity level, lifestyle, and approach to weight loss. Based on your responses, we'll match you to an eating style that fits you best—Green, Blue, or Purple.
If you're a current member, you're already an expert—on yourself, on the WW program, and on what you need to be successful. Never before have you been able to choose how you live WW. Well, that’s all changing. Starting now, you’ll have the opportunity to try an entirely new plan—Green or Purple—or stay on WW Freestyle®, now called Blue! And if you ever want to switch plans, you can do it easily in the WW app.
How do I take the myWW personal assessment?
How does myWW work?
Green has a sizable SmartPoints Budget and 100+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits and non-starchy veggies).
Blue has a moderate SmartPoints Budget and 200+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits, veggies, and lean proteins). If this eating style looks familiar, that’s because it's the same as WW Freestyle.
Purple has a modest SmartPoints Budget and 300+ ZeroPoint foods (fruits, veggies, lean proteins, and whole grains).
What research went into myWW?
The myWW program was nearly two years in the making. It's based on extensive research into what members want and need in order to be successful, along with insights and trends from around the globe. We then collaborated with our Global Science team to understand where those trends overlapped with science. All three plans were tried and tested with almost 20,000 members globally through interviews, concept testing, pilots, and clinical trials.
What can I eat?
Plenty! By combining your SmartPoints Budget with your ZeroPoint foods, you'll always have tons of options. Want some meal ideas to get you started? We've got 20 of our members' favorite recipes right here.
Which approach will help me lose the most weight?
All of them. No, really.
After two-plus years of research and extensive testing with over 20,000 members around the globe, we learned that members on Green, Blue, and Purple achieved equal and consistent weight losses.
No color is better than another—they're just flexible in different ways. Some people find a long list of ZeroPoint foods works best for them. Others would rather have more SmartPoints to spend. The one that’s best is the one that gives you the most flexibility, because that's the one that will be the most livable for you.
Can I switch colors if I want to?
Absolutely! But we recommend giving it two weeks before you make a change. That’s how long it can take to get used to a whole new way of eating and understand whether your color fits your lifestyle and if it will help you meet your goals. If you decide that switching is what’s best for you, you can do it anytime right in the app. Go to the home screen and tap on the profile icon in the top right corner. Then tap the settings icon (top right corner) and select "Food settings" and then "Food plan."
RELATED: How to switch colors
SmartPoints: smarter, and more holistic, than counting calories.
- The SmartPoints value is one simple number that represents the amount of calories, protein, sugar, and saturated fat in a food.
- Sugar and saturated fat raise SmartPoints value. Protein lowers it.
- The higher the SmartPoints, the more attention you'll want to pay to portions. (Don't worry, we'll help you with that.)
ZeroPoint foods: Build meals and snacks around these nutritious foods.
- The foods on each ZeroPoint list (100+ for Green, 200+ for Blue, and 300+ for Purple) were specifically chosen by our nutrition team as "go-to" foods.
- These are the foods you can feel comfortable reaching for because they form the foundation for a healthy pattern of eating (which is good!) and they are much less likely to be overeaten than other foods (also good).
- You don't have to weigh, measure, or track ZeroPoint foods.
FitPoints®: What SmartPoints are to food, FitPoints are to exercise.
- You earn FitPoints for all physical activities—from running and resistance training to activity in disguise, like gardening or cleaning your house.
- You’ll receive a personalized weekly FitPoints goal based on your current activity level.
- You can use FitPoints as a way to see progress as you get more fit. Or you can swap them for SmartPoints.
- Every time you track activity, you earn Wins that you can redeem for really cool rewards.