How tracking can help you lose weight
Being mindful of how much you eat, move, and whether you're gaining, losing, or maintaining your weight can help you see your progress more clearly. After all, the number on the scale is only one indicator of overall health: Wellness is about building habits that last a lifetime.
On myWW+ you earn Wins for tracking healthy behaviors every day. And you can redeem these Wins for real rewards. It's all about reinforcing the behaviors that will help you reach your goals and maintain them. (What you reward, you repeat!)
RELATED: A beginner's guide to the WW app
How does tracking work?
Tracking makes you more aware of:
- What you’re eating
- How much you’re eating
- How many SmartPoints® values you’re using, so you can decide...
- Whether those foods are “worth it” to you
A few pointers...
- Be as accurate and honest as you can.
- Track in the moment, if you can.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Use the Barcode Scanner. Scan the barcode of almost any packaged food and it’ll automatically calculate the SmartPoints values for you.
- Take a pic. Don’t have time to track? Take a picture and track it later. It’ll also help you remember exactly what you ate.
- Pre-track your meal. Planning ahead will help you know how many SmartPoints you have to spend and what you want to spend them on.
Need help downloading the app?
Our Coaches are here to help, so don’t hesitate to ask.
Need help updating to the latest version of the app?
Here's a simple step-by-step guide!