Being mindful of how much you eat, move, and whether you're gaining, losing, or maintaining your weight can help you see your progress more clearly. After all, the number on the scale is only one indicator of overall health: Wellness is about building habits that last a lifetime.
It's why on myWW™ you earn Wins for tracking healthy behaviors every day. And you can redeem these Wins for real rewards. It's all about reinforcing the behaviors that will help you reach your goals and maintain them. (What you reward, you repeat!)
RELATED: A step-by-step guide to tracking
How does tracking work?
- What you’re eating
- How much you’re eating
- How many SmartPoints® values you’re using, so you can decide...
- Whether those foods are “worth it” to you
A few pointers
- Be as accurate and honest as you can. It isn’t about being perfect, but if it goes in your mouth, you should track it, even if you’re just guessing the SmartPoints value. If you don’t manage to, don’t sweat it; just try to get back to it with the next thing you eat.
- Track “in the moment.” It can be hard to remember what you’ve eaten at the end of the day, so track as you go or snap a pic for tracking later.
- Be kind to yourself. Not every day is going to be perfect. And that’s okay. Focus on small, simple things (like planning your next meal) and you’ll be right back on track.
- Use the Barcode Scanner. Scan the barcode of almost any packaged food and it’ll automatically calculate the SmartPoints values for you.
- Take a pic. Don’t have time to track? Take a picture and track it later. It’ll also help you remember exactly what you ate.
Pre-track your meal. Planning ahead will help you know how many SmartPoints you have to spend and what you want to spend them on.
Need help downloading the app?
Our Coaches are there to help, so don’t hesitate to ask.