Eat Veggies. AddPoints.
Yes, we’re dangling the carrot (and all other non-starchy vegetables!) in front of you. For every cup (about a fistful) that you eat, you’ll add a Point to your daily Budget with our new PersonalPoints™ Program. There are plenty other benefits, too.
- Stay full longer. Non-starchy veggies are an amazing source of filling fiber, and having a fiber-rich pattern of eating supports good health.
- Fuel your body. Veggies are loaded with vitamins and minerals (like vitamin C and potassium)—and water.
- Ditch cooking boredom. With more than 50 options on the list, you could eat a different veggie at every meal and not run out of options until, well, you can do the math.
- Master your Budget. Running low on Points for the day? Fill up on veggies that double as ZeroPoint™ foods.
- Add Points. This is worth repeating! Because we’re rewarding you for building a healthy habit. It goes something like this:
How It All Adds Up
Some things to consider when measuring and tracking
- Calculate the cup in the form you eat it—sauteéd, chopped up, or raw. Why? Since one of the benefits of eating non-starchy veggies is that they’re full of fiber, volume comes into play here. The larger the volume of veggies you eat, the more you’ll feel full—hence why you should log what you eat.
- Making a WW recipe or tracking your favorite takeout (like chicken and broccoli)? The app will automatically add the Points you add from veggies to your Budget. If you’re eating something you made, just track your veggies in the app and watch your daily Points grow.
- Yes, a cup of veggies in your smoothie counts. Blended into recipes (even brownies!) is a legit way to get those veggies in as long as your serving size has a full cup or more.