Keto Diet Plan vs. Weight Watchers | Compare Diet Plans | WW UK
WW vs. the keto diet plan
|U.S. News & World Report Rankings*||
#1 Best Diet for Weight Loss
#12 Best Diet for Weight Loss
|What can I eat on this plan?||Everything's still on the menu, including a list of ZeroPoint™ foods you don't have to track.||
You must eliminate most foods and beverages that contain carbohydrates: bread, cereal, rice, pasta, beans, fruit, starchy vegetables, milk and alcohol. The Ketogenic diet limits you to only 20 to 40 grams of carbs per day. That's like having 1 slice of bread and a piece of fruit, or just over 100g of rice or pasta, as your only carb-containing food for the entire day.
|Liveability||Beyond more flexibility in your food choices, WW also helps you fit in more movement and teaches you healthy habits that can shift your mindset along the journey. With an approach that goes beyond food, you’ll see benefits both on and off the scale.||The Keto diet is a highly restrictive food plan that puts your body into a state of physiologic ketosis. Much of the initial weight loss is due to water loss, which is immediately reversed when carbs are reintroduced into your diet.|
|Health risks||WW is the #1 doctor recommended weight-loss plan according to an August 2016 survey of doctors.||
There could be potential health risks for people with certain medical conditions following the Ketogenic diet, which has not been well studied in a variety of settings or with high risk populations.
WW Workshops, WW Coaches, 24/7 Online Coach, Customer Service, and Connect, an exclusive social network with other members for motivation and inspiration whenever you need it.
Blogs written by followers of the Keto diet, physician- and nutritionist-written literature, and online communities or trending topics.
|*WW is #1 in two U.S. News & World Report categories, and featured in the top three in another category. Learn more here!|
With WW, you get more
The WW programme includes some exciting features, all free with your WW membership*.
- Our proven SmartPoints® system makes healthy eating simple.
- Enjoy in-app curated content from Headspace so you can practise mindfulness on the go.
- Meet your activity goals faster with FitPoints® 2.0, a newly calibrated and personalised system designed to guide you towards movements that help you get stronger, fitter and heart-healthier.
- Our partnership with Aaptiv puts encouraging audio-based workouts in the palm of your hand.
- In Connect, our friendly in-app community, you can now join Groups based on your interests, journey, or hobbies, creating a social network of support, inspiration and motivation.
*Workshop + Digital only