21 family-friendly pasta bake recipes
Pasta is a beloved staple in many households, but it can also be high in Points. Fortunately, there are simple ways to boost the nutritional value of your pasta dishes. Here are some tips for making your pasta more nutritious:
- Choose wholemeal pasta - Wholemeal pasta contains more fibre and nutrients than regular pasta. It's a great way to make your pasta dish more filling and satisfying.
- Add vegetables - Vegetables are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fibre, so they're an excellent way to boost the nutritional value of your pasta dish. Try adding spinach, broccoli, zucchini, or capsicums to your pasta sauce—all ZeroPoint foods.
- Use lean protein - Adding lean protein to your pasta dish will make it more filling and satisfying. Try adding ZeroPoint grilled chicken breast, prawns, or tofu.
- Use a tomato-based sauce - Tomato-based sauces are generally lower in calories and Points than cream-based sauces. They're also packed with lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant.
- Use herbs and spices - Herbs and spices are a great way to add flavour to your pasta dish without adding Points. Try adding garlic, basil, oregano, or red pepper flakes to your pasta sauce.
We have gathered 21 of our fave pasta bake recipes. They are family friendly, can feed a crowd and can often be made in advance and bake when you're ready to eat. From classic tuna bakes, to macaroni and cheese and Sarah's super popular easy pasta bake—there is plenty here to love.