Vegetarian pasta bake
280 g, (spirals)
1 cup(s), (85g)
1 bunch(es), cut into 3cm lengths
4 individual, (yellow patty pan) quartered
1 small, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Reduced-fat evaporated milk
1 cup(s), (250ml)
Grated parmesan cheese
½ cup(s), (40g)
125 g, halved
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tbs, chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain. Return pasta to pan. Boil, steam or microwave broccoli, asparagus and squash, separately, until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a medium saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Combine ¼ cup (60ml) evaporated milk and cornflour in a bowl. Add remaining milk to onion mixture and stir until heated through. Stir in cornflour mixture and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Season sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add sauce, vegetables and ⅓ cup (25g) parmesan to pasta and toss gently to combine. Spoon pasta into prepared dish. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve sprinkled with parsley.